Bunny Hop 2020: Peter Cottontail in Weston Lakes on Easter Sunday!
Quotes and photos from residents of all ages along the parade route…
“Thank you Easter Bunny and awesome crew! You brought lots of smiles and joy to so many families today!”
“Happy the Bunny HOPPED on over!”
“It was fun to see the Easter Bunny! Thanks for coming by!”
” Best people out here So cool 😎 “
“Love this! Made my girls day! Thank you!”
“Omg how wonderful!”
“Yes thank you so much! My kids loved it!”
Although the Weston Lakes Country Club had to cancel the annual Easter Festival this year, they want to help you celebrate Easter other ways!
Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder – It’s a simple craft that is easy and fun for kids of all ages, especially preschoolers. Your wild birds will thank you for taking the time to make this Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder.
What You Will Need:
Cardboard tubes (Toilet Paper rolls)
Peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or coconut oil.
Butter knives or Popsicle sticks
1. Use a Popsicle stick or butter knife to spread peanut butter or oil on a clean toilet paper roll.
2. Roll the toilet paper roll on a plate filled with birdseed.
3. If desired, string a loop of hemp twine through the toilet paper roll.
4. Hang the toilet paper roll bird feeder on a bush, or slide it onto a branch. The birds will go crazy for it!
5. After the birds have picked off the seed, there still may be a small coating of peanut butter on the roll. If this is the case, roll it in seed again for a second use!
Easter Egg Potato Stamps – You can have fun making all kinds of different designs! We did a plain one with just diagonal stripes and two with chevron designs. Adults should make the potato stamps and then kids can paint and stamp them!
What You Will Need:
1. First cut and make your potato stamps.
Adults Only: Carefully using a knife carve out your design. You may find it helpful to draw the design first and then follow your design marks when carving.
2. When pressing down for your stamp, make sure you press firmly on the whole potato. If you pull it off and some parts of the Easter egg are missing, you can simply press it again. You can also touch up with a little paint after too.
3. Add some gold glitter glue on top. This part is optional but we like the way they turned out with the glitter glue!
Go to http://www.thebestideasforkids.com for more kids crafts!