Weston Lakes COVID-19 – Rental, Mortgage and Utility Assistance Program
The City of Weston Lakes is announcing a program to assist residents of Weston Lakes with rental, mortgage, and utility needs. A committee was formed to find ways to utilize the dollars given to the City of Weston Lakes by the Department of Treasury. The full amount of money allocated to the city is $210,100 or $55 per person based on the 2019 population information. At the Special City Council meeting on July 2, 2020 the programs and budgets were approved.
The City of Weston Lakes has approved $120,000.00 in funding from the federal CARES Act through Fort Bend County COVID-19 Rental, Mortgage & Utilities Assistance Program, which will help eligible citizens of Weston Lakes pay their rent beginning July 2020 through December 2020. Residents of Weston Lakes may apply for rental and/or utility assistance.
To qualify for rental, mortgage and utilities assistance starting July 5th, you must meet the following criteria and submit your application via email to Covid.Westonlakes@fortbendcountytx.gov
- A resident of Weston Lakes, Texas.
- Have not received rental or mortgage assistance from any other government programs in the past 3 months, (this does not include the stimulus check received). May apply, and show assistance.
- Have been subject to a lay-off or termination from employment due to COVID-19 (i.e. after March 1, 2020)
- Inability to pay rent or mortgage due to financial hardship resulting from the economic impact of COVID-19 as indicated by a loss or reduction of employment.
How to Submit your application:
Please submit (via email) this completed application along with the required documentation below to the following email address: Covid.Westonlakes@fortbendcountytx.gov In the Subject line please type: Weston Lakes RMU Program Application_YOUR LAST NAME
Once submitted you will get a response within 3- 4 business days. Fort Bend County is handling all of the requests. This provides confidentiality for our residents. Further, the same experienced professionals handling the county’s programs are supervising our submittals which also provides for fiscal responsibility.
- Copy of a valid state or government issued photo ID
- Lease Agreement or Mortgage statement
- Most recent Utility bill(s); (if applicable)
- Signed and completed W-9 Form
- Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) documentation of unemployment or documentation that provides unemployment status due to COVID (e.g. letter from employer, etc.).
The program launched July 5th. If you have questions please contact Mayor Neal at (832) 690-8188 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Members: Mayor Ramona Neal, Alderman Case, Earlene Hopkins, Melissa Blanscett, Donna Rodgers and Patrick Geiger.