Weston Lakes Volunteer Application
City:__________________________________________ State:______ Zip Code:_____________
Home Phone:____________________________ Work/Cell:______________________________
___ weekday mornings ___ weekday afternoons ___weekday evenings
___ weekend mornings ___ weekend afternoons ___ weekend evenings
___ Administration ___Field Work ___ Fundraising ___ Events
___ Deliveries ___Phone Bank ___ Data Entry ___ Volunteer Coordination
Special Skills: Summarize any special skills and qualifications you may have from work and previous volunteer experiences as well as other activities and hobbies and sports.
Previous Volunteer Experience
Agreement and Signature: By submitting and signing this application I affirm that all the facts that I have set forth here- in are true and complete. I understand that if I am accepted as a volunteer any false statements, omissions and/or misrepresentations will result in my immediate dismissal.
Name: (printed) ________________________________________________
Signature: _____________________________________________________ Date:_______________
Weston Lakes Policy: It is the policy of this organization to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability. Thank you for your application and your interest in volunteering with us.
WESTON LAKES OEM VOLUNTEER LIABILITY WAIVER
Phone day:_______________________________ E-mail:_____________________________________
Evening phone:____________________________ Cell:______________________________________
In case of an emergency, contact:
Phone day:________________________________ E-mail:______________________________________
Any allergies, medications, or other information needed in an emergency:_________________________
Release and Waiver of Liability
PLEASE READ CAREEULLY! THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) executed on this _________day of ___________, 20____,by __________________________(the “Volunteer”) in favor of City of Weston Lakes OEM, a non-profit corporation, and its directors officers, employees, and agents.
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for City of Weston Lakes OEM and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for (event name) ____________________. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include (Volunteers may direct traffic, assist neighbors, clear debris, monitor flooding, etc….)
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
The volunteer understands that this release discharges Weston Lakes OEM from any liability or claim that the volunteer may have against Weston Lakes OEM with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from volunteer’s activities with Weston Lakes OEM, whether caused by the negligence of Weston Lakes OEM or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer also understands that Weston Lakes OEM does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
Any and all equipment that a Volunteer donates for use by Weston Lakes OEM is freely donated and the Volunteer understands that any damage incurred to said equipment while in use is not liable for repair or replacement by Weston Lakes OEM.
- Release and Waiver. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless The City of Weston Lakes and the OEM and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that arise or may hereafter arise from volunteer’s Activities with City of Weston Lakes and City of Weston Lakes OEM.
- Medical Treatment. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Weston Lakes OEM from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s Activities with Weston Lakes OEM.
- Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may involve work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, traffic control, debris removal, assisting neighbors, flood monitoring, etc. and transportation to and from the work sites. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities, and releases Weston Lakes OEM from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
- Insurance. The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Weston Lakes OEM in writing, Weston Lakes OEM does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
- Photographic Release. Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Weston Lakes OEM all rights, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Weston Lakes OEM during the Volunteer’s Activities with Weston Lakes OEM, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
- Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Volunteer also agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Volunteer has executed this Release as of the day and year first above written.